Visualizing Cell Processes
|Cells and MoleculesRunning Time: 0:15:00|
Cells and Molecules introduces the cell, suggests how modern cells may have evolved, illustrates the elements of organic chemistry, and introduces the topics covered in the Visualizing Cell Processes series.
|Cell Movement and TransportRunning Time: 0:15:00|
This program explores how independently-living cells move, and illustrates how water, chemical, and nutrient molecules pass through the cellular membrane. Microtubules and motor proteins are explained in-depth.
|Photosynthesis and Cellular RespirationRunning Time: 0:15:00|
This illustrates the process of photosynthesis in green plant cells with focus on the chloroplast, then examines the processes of respiration, highlighting chemical activities within a cell's mitochondria.
|DNA Replication, Mitosis and Cell ReproductionRunning Time: 0:15:00|
This program uses photomicroscope and motion graphics to illustrate the stages of cell division from the replication of a cell's DNA to cellular fission.
|The Genetic Code and Its TranslationRunning Time: 0:15:00|
This program uses concise animation to illustrate how a cell's DNA code translates into the protein structure of life, including gene regulation and mutation repair.
|Produced By||BioMEDIA Associates|
|Copyright||©2001 BioMEDIA Associates|
|Grade Levels||10th Grade through Post Secondary|
- MARC Records for BVC
- MARC records for the Full Series BVC, Visualizing Cell Processes
- Program 1 - Cells and Molecules Educators Guide
- Program 2 - Cell Movement and Transport Educators Guide
- Program 3 - Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Educators Guide
- Program 4 - DNA Replication and Cell Reproduction Educators Guide
- Program 5 - The Genetic Code and Its Translation Educators Guide