Career Decisions: Physical Therapy presents an overview of a career choice in physical therapy and what is needed to become a physical therapist, illustrating what makes the physical therapist a key component of the modern medical team.
- 1.) Chapter 1 - Physical Therapy in America
- 00:05:54Chapter 1 includes information on Physical Therapy, Patients, Exercise, Movement Retraining, Movement Education, Mary McMillan, Physical Therapy History, Physical Therapy Schools, Research Based Programs, Contemporary Practice, Diversity, Patient Population, War and Physical Therapy, and Profession Autonomy.
- 2.) Chapter 2 - The Role of the Physical Therapist
- 00:06:49Chapter 2 includes information on Employment, Chronic Conditions, Ageing Patients, Medical Technology, Mobility, Healthy Functioning, Patient Care, Neurology, Physiology, Social Skills, Patient Relationships, Evidence-based Practice, Evidence-Based Medicine, Recovery, and Biomechanics.
- 3.) Chapter 3 - Physical Therapy School
- 00:11:37Chapter 3 includes information on Physical Therapy School, Medical School, Scientific Thinking, Biology, Hands-on Care, Biotechnology, Computer Technology, Perspective Students, Science, Neurology, Neuroscience, Human Exercise, Inter-disciplinary Care, Leadership, Passion, Compassion, Course Load, and Teamwork.