Visualizing Human Physiology
In this program, the complex physiological system of the human body are introduced - muscular movement, digestion, circulation, respiration, nerves, glands, immunity, and reproduction. The cellular basis of life, and the importance of carbon in organic chemistry are illustrated and explained.
|Visualizing Human PhysiologyRunning Time: 0:16:00|
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Human MachineChapter 2: The Cellular Nature of the Human MachineChapter 3: An Overview of Physiological SystemsChapter 4: CirculationChapter 5: DigestionChapter 6: HormonesChapter 7: ImmunityChapter 8: Skeleton and MusclesChapter 9: SkinChapter 10: Reproduction
- 1.) Chapter 1: Introduction to the Human Machine
- 00:06:52Human beings, life every living organism, are driven by two inherent needs - to survive, and ultimately, to reproduce - that is - to pass our genes on to the future of our species. To accomplish the goals of survival and reproduction we have inherited bodies finely crafted by evolution so that every one of us, every individual human organism, is an organic super factory - a living matching made up of systems that process fuel, build products, repair damage expel waste, and defend against invade
- 2.) Chapter 2: The Cellular Nature of the Human Machine
- 00:03:06The molecules that make up living things are all based on carbon. Such molecules are identified as organic. This chapter describes the four organic molecules that form the elemental cellular structures and chemical processes of the human body: proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and nucleic acids.
- 3.) Chapter 3: An Overview of Physiological Systems
- 00:01:12This overview of the physiological systems covers circulation, digestion, hormones, immunity, skin, nerves, skeleton, muscles, and reproduction.
- 4.) Chapter 4: Circulation
- 00:00:27This chapter presents human circulation.
- 5.) Chapter 5: Digestion
- 00:00:26This chapter presents digestion in the human being.
- 6.) Chapter 6: Hormones
- 00:00:33This chapter presents hormones in the human being.
- 7.) Chapter 7: Immunity
- 00:00:43This chapter presents immunity in the human being.
- 8.) Chapter 8: Skeleton and Muscles
- 00:00:40This chapter presents the skeleton and muscles in the human being.
- 9.) Chapter 9: Skin
- 00:00:34This chapter presents the largest organ of the human body--skin.
- 10.) Chapter 10: Reproduction
- 00:00:57This chapter presents human reproduction.
|Series SKU||BVH |
|Subjects||Science, Biology, Medicine|
|Grade Levels||10th Grade through Post Secondary|
- MARC Records for BVH
- MARC records for the Full Series BVH, Visualizing Human Physiology
- Visualizing Human Physiology - Study Guide